Il mio primo acquisto da Apple Fan,
con coda dalle 8.00 fuori dal Saturn di Assago in attesa della messa in vendita dell'iPad
venerdì 28 maggio 2010
martedì 7 luglio 2009
martedì 9 settembre 2008
- Clean your lens! (I got 3 full days of burry pictures).
- Clean again your lens!, if you can cleanup your lens before each picture will get best results.
- Don't be afraid to take pictures in full sun, as for my experience, the camera really sucks in artificial and low light.
- Take at least 5 snaps of the same photo, you have enough space to store more takes than you'll ever be able to watch and, believe me, at least 3/4 of them will show badly severed heads or closed eyes (I have 3 pic with a black face and the Statue of Liberty and 1 with my face and hers left leg!). It's not the best option to use the provided 3.5 inch screen as preview after all.
- Activate the localization service. If you use Aperture or iPhoto to get the photo off the iPhone will likely keep EXIF tags for geolocation, and once uploaded online will be fun to see where they were been taken . (see pic location at a friend of mine marriage below)
I've recently been to NYC for an holiday vacation (gorgeous) and I had a HUGE problem.
NYC is Enourmous, and it's hard to always find your way, even if after a couple of hours you get that as long as you go Downtown (lower Manhattan) the street number gets lower.
60th street is near the beginning of Central Park South
110th is on the top
Same is for the avenues (left-right), but then you get Broadway and Amsterdam Ave.....
However, I got my iPhone with me and started asking at every MObile Phone Shop for a prepaid card to be able to browse (I'm Italian and I don't want to loose a leg in roaming traffic).
The best you can get it's probably a prepaid with AT&T at cheap 0.05$/KB.
Although you can continuously sniff for open networks like a zoombie, here's the best option to take your google maps with you.
When you bookmark a place in google maps (when you have a decent wifi), the maps application automatically store a certain area (map size).
So if you want to go to Apple store in 5th Ave just find your place on google maps and then add to your fave.
Even when you're offline (you can try it in Airplane mode) the area nearby your bookmark will be visible, movable and even zoomable.
For best results:
Bookmark the location when in map view (no SAT view)
Before Saving the bookmark zoom out a little beet so that buildings and smaller stuff it's gone away, keeping the street names.
If you need to visit many places, you can bookmark as many location as required.
At the end of the vacation I almost got the whole Manhattan offline.
Oh yes, one more thing.
The localization still works! (most of the times)
Enjoy and don't forget to post a comment.
P.s. guess where the map and the guide were left?
lunedì 11 agosto 2008
I've finally decided to leave this *ing place in August.
I'm leaving the day after tomorrow for The Big Apple.
Thanks to Ba.com surveys I'll be able to fly in business for cheap.
I've found this night a nicy hotel in Manhattan
My iPhone 2G will be my travel companion, looking for places to visit and events to attend.
I hope to find a cheap option for data as prepaid .
If I'll be able to get there I'll keep you Informed.
martedì 5 agosto 2008
I've just Upgraded my 2G iPhone to 2.0.1 Firmware
'Cause a baseband upgrade is not present in this release it will not erase all the device but only upgrade the OS portion.
Pwnage unlock and everything Else is kept on the phone and will continue to work.
Cydia will no longer appear but I believe that will be still there to waste some space.